Are you looking truly for pure water that can fight against thousands of water-borne diseases? Are you looking for refreshing and tasty water to meet your thirst? Then RO filter system is the best and reliable method for you like millions of households and thousands of commercial places those who are using it over years.
Why is RO a good filtration option?
RO, the Reverse Osmosis is a method of filtration that improves the quality of water removing the contaminant elements of water that causes taste, odor, and appearance problem in drinking water. Here let’s have a quick look as to why the RO system is the best amongst all other water filter systems:
- Improves taste — The RO system provides you quality drinking water with outstanding taste, odor, and appearance. On drinking water from RO filter, you will not only quench your thirstiness but also will fill a satisfaction of purity by its taste and odor.
- Removes impurities — The RO system eliminates pollutants from the water like pesticides, fluorides, nitrates, sulfates, arsenic, bacteria, and other pharmaceuticals. An RO system with carbon filter removes chlorine and chloramines.
- Simple maintenance — An RO system is easy to handle and clean as it has little moving and replaceable parts in its hardware part.
- Saves money — with an RO system you can easily cut down your water supply cost in your home and office as well. You can also eliminate purchasing bottled water for drinking. And the cost of water is a few rupees per gallon.
How do an RO works?
The process of water purification in an RO is performed when the tap water pushes and allows through a semipermeable membrane. This semipermeable membrane removes the dissolved inorganic salts and other impurities from the water. The RO filtration technology can remove the following impurities and toxicities:
- Nitrates and sulfates
- Chlorine and chloramines
- Detergents and many more
What are the primary components of an RO?
Almost all RO systems look and work the same way still, the primary components are:
- Cold water line valve — A valve that has a tube attached to the inside of the water of RO is fitted onto the cold water supply line.
- Pre-filters — One or more than one pre-filters may be set into the RO where sands silts, dirt, other solid impurities are removed to protect the semipermeable membrane. The carbon filter may additionally be used to remove chlorine that can damage the membrane.
- RO membrane — It is the heart of the RO. It eliminates both aesthetic and other health-related contaminants. After passing through this membrane water is stored in the storage tank.
- Post filters — Water leaving the storage tank comes to the final post-filter. It is usually a carbon filter. The function at this stage is to remove the residual taste and odor which adds the quality of water being tasty and fresh while you drink.
Automatic shut off valve (SOV) — When the storage becomes full the automatic SOV closes and don’s allow any further water to come into the RO system.